Data API URL Builder
This page helps you build a URL to request data in a machine-readable format. An overview of our data products:
- Latest observations: This is the latest data from our stations. Most of our stations report every 5 minutes, but a few are still hourly only.
- Observations by date: these are recorded every 5 minutes, hourly, or daily. Daily data has different data than the other two.
- GDD: Growing Degree Days calculations.
- Soil moisture: Many of our stations have sensors recording water content, electrical conductivity and soil temperature hourly or daily.
- Metadata: information about the stations themselves.
For details, see our data API documentation page.
Instructions: Select the Data Product and Format you want. If you want data for all stations at once, select the All Active radio button. Optionally check the And Inactive checkbox if you want data from stations which are now out of service. Otherwise scroll through the station list and select the one station or multiple stations you are interested in.
The light green boxes contain various options to change properties of different kinds of data or to select a different data subset. Most of these should be self-explanatory.
Data Fields: Most products let you subset the data by field (aka variable or parameter) by checking or un-checking checkboxes in the Data Fields box. For example, if you only need air temperature and relative humidity, deselect every checkbox in Data Fields except Air Temp and RH. This skips unneeded data in your download. Clicking the checkboxes will check or un-check the whole group of checkboxes at once.
As you make changes to the various options, you will see the text of the Request URL change. You may at any time click the Open button to open the URL in a new tab or window to make sure it's the data you want. You can click the Copy button to copy the URL into your clipboard so you can paste it elsewhere.
Our data API is brand new and in beta testing. If there is some aspect where we could do better or a feature to consider, please let us know: Email Zach.Schwalbe@colostate.edu.